Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 65, Oct. 14

As arranged, Fr. Balthezar arrived at 5:30 m to take me back to the seminary for Mass. He had the same young driver who again had to start the engine by running with the taxi until the cylinders started firing. He also had to stop for hat appeared to be a bottle of Sprite. It wasn’t Sprite; it was gasoline.
Mass was great with the 11th and 12 graders serving and playing instruments. Their singing was enthusiastic but controlled. They were highly respectful and responsive. After Mass, we had breakfast and a round of Q and A followed by picture taking. I loved the opportunity to try my hand in a seminary atmosphere. I think I may have enjoyed living in that environment.
We came back to continue discussions with Father George who is a most valuable source of solid information and good ideas. He took my written synopsis of the situation and promised to work on it and e-mail his improvements as soon s he could.
Immediately after Fr. George left, another priest, whom I had seen on and off during my stay in Eluru, arrived. He wanted to talk. It turns out he wanted me to help him be accepted by diocese in the U.S. I encouraged him since he looked and sounded good and said he already had the consent of his bishop.
The rest of the day was spent getting ready to leave the next day. One of those tasks was to find out how to get to the 10:30 pm train some 60 kms from Eluru. There were many alternatives. The people at the Bishop’s House wanted to drive me to Vijayawada. I wanted to take a nearby train or bus there. We put off the solution to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment