Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 59, Oct. 8

This was to be another fun day before meeting up with the World of Hope people in Andhra Pradesh. I thought the couple would come late in the morning. They did not. So, the day was very quiet. It began with Mass. The agreement I worked out with the Jesuit priests was for me to concelebrate in the chapel where the seminarians come for Mass. Mass is conducted in the style I learned in the Anjeli Ashram. When I arrived, I became the only celebrant and therefore the only homilist. It was one more time for me to speak extemporaneously to an impressive audience. I did my best; but the wind from a strong fan kept knocking off the shawl the presider wears. It was funny.
After Mass and breakfast (at which I was introduced to a ton of Jesuits with multiple doctorates n scientific fields) I met with four Jesuits bout hat could be done to solve the problems we all recognize. They outlined for me a number of projects they are now working on which can be part of the solution we are seeking. It’s interesting what some collaboration can accomplish.
After the meeting I waited in vain for my companion for the day and instead wrote my articles for the ETC, caught up on my blogs and packed for the evening train.

1 comment:

  1. “Hello! I want to let you know about an awesome group called “Kepha, the Brotherhood of the Iron Will.” Kepha is a growing brotherhood of Catholic fathers and sons in seven states that are faithful to the Holy Father. We promote the Culture of Life through monthly retreats and shared daily prayers and provoke each other to Heaven according to our motto, "Dynamic Orthodoxy, Infectious Joy."

    Kepha’s is a high-octane Catholicism rejecting spiritual laziness and moral compromise. We are under the patronage of our "BIG 3": St. John Bosco, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. Kepha members agree to live by 5 commitments : Apologetics, Brotherhood, Charity, Mortification and Prayer.

    Kepha is a non-profit organization with chapters in Texas and Louisiana. If you know of any men who are looking for an excellent way to strengthen their relationships with their sons, then please tell them about Kepha.

    You can find out more information on our web site at www.kepharocks.org
    We look forward to hearing from you!

    God bless you!
    Corey Harned

    ReplyDelete